Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 1, Day 17: Boston Massachusetts

  • Miles Today: 0

  • Trip Total: 3740

  • Weather: Clear and hot. High 90F in Boston.

  • Today’s Song:  "Foreplay - Long Time"  by Boston.

  • Rachionary:  "Cubular" [kyoo-byuh-ler] adjective, In the shape of a cube.

  • Rodgerism:   "Mom just told me to cut the cheese!"

  • AWTY?: 8

  • Today's Lesson:  Please hold onto a handrail.




  • We took the commuter train into Boston and the subway to Boston Common for a partially guided tour of the Freedom Trail and then hoofed it on our own to Paul Revere's House and the Old North Church.





    Along the way we stopped at Cheers for lunch, but I was a little disappointed.  I asked several people and nobody knew my name.

    Tio Mario won a special award when he finished the eNORMous burger.


    His name is not yet on the website hall-of-fame, but there should soon be online proof of his accomplishment.


    While we were having a good time in Boston, Tino was slaving away in the studio, because he didn't want us to leave without a final cut of "The Dragon."  I think he did a great job.  Listen to it here and let us know what you think.


    When I rode my motorcycle through Gloucester in 1994, Tino's son Tony was Rodger's age (I think) and he washed my bike for me [edit: photo added below].  I hope I wasn't a bad influence, because now he has several bikes and a detailing business.







    I was hoping he would wash the RV, for old-time's sake.





    I told you there would be more food, and of course, more ways to eat lobster.  Rachael liked Tia Ana's lobster, shrimp and scallop linguini so much, she whipped up some scampi for her on-the-spot.  There was also alcatra, which is best described as portuguese pot-roast.






    Muito obrigado a senhora Alice for allowing us to use her driveway for the RV.  It allowed us easy access to the houses of Tio Mario (2 short blocks) and Tio Celestino (3 short blocks) at any time.


    That's it for today, except for thanks and congratulations to Shannon Fernandes and Evonne Pollard for identifying Rodger's caterpillar as the White-marked Tussock Moth.